- > Inaugural Address of the President
The Japanese Society of Pediatric Dentistry (JAPD) started in 1963.
JAPD held the 50th anniversary celebration with the many domestic and foreign invited guests at Tokyo International Forum Convention Center in May, 2012.
Since half a century ago, JAPD has developed into the greatest scientific organization of Japan in the field of pediatric dentistry, which is including the total care and cure about oral diseases of children having disability and serious whole body disease.
JAPD is continuing the action about not only individual dental cure but also social care of oral diseases on children.
It was a great honor for me to be inaugurated as the 25th president of JAPD continuing the 24th president, at the occasion of the 52nd regular general meeting held on May 15, 2014 in Tokyo.
Several parts of my accomplished results in the past 2 years as the 24th president were as follows ;
- In the medical technology suggestions of JAPD to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, "Crown-loop space maintainer" and "Application of dentures to primary dentition stage" were newly approved.
- Computerization of the articles printed in the 46-year journals of JSPD from the first number (1963) to vol. 46 (2008) has been completed by the Journal@chive (journal archive) project of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). Now, everybody can read freely these JSPD articles from all over the world.
- Concerning the number of participants to the 24th biennial congress of the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry (IAPD) which was held in Seoul (Korea) last year, JSPD (more than 150 members) became the first place in the foreign associations except for the host country.
- Pediatric Dental Journal (PDJ) which is the English version of JSPD journal, was recently authorized as the official journal of the Pediatric Dentistry Association of Asia (PDAA). This journal will be published three times per year by online supply.
- The arrangement committee of the 10th biennial conference of PDAA 2016 in Tokyo was organized.
The purpose and direction of pediatric dentistry should be precisely same in all over the world. “ For making children happier ”
JSPD is accepting an important role to support the base of health in Japanese children. In addition, JSPD surely makes great efforts to diffuse many specialists for pediatric dentistry, to pursue the scientific evidences about pediatric dentistry, and to develop new technologies of dental treatment for children.
In this way, JSPD vigorously aims to maintain, to improve and to develop the oral health and oral function of children through pediatric dentistry.